Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I AM CONVINCED

Paul writes in Romans 8:38 what he was convinced concerning God's love.
I have finished two books recently: Mike Yaconelli's 'Messy Spirituality' and 'Survivors' by Howver & Hutchinson. Both are books I think everyone should read regardless of their situation concerning their journey.
We all know that in this life there is struggle. And when it comes to living the life of a Christian, there's a constant struggle between free will (our will) and God's will. There are many lessons I can think of concerning Mike's book because he helped me better understand the truth about the spiritual life...it's messy! A lot of what he said wasn't new to me, it's just that he provided a different looking lens. Instead of kicking myself for not being a 'good' enough Christian or focusing on failure to be my motivation...I should focus on my desire to change. Because if I were to focus on only the negative, there will come a time when I throw in the towel and give up...walk away and that's not what God wants for me.
Jeremiah 29:11 talks of God's plans and hopes for us all and I think it's time that we stop trying to convince ourselves that we're always falling short and unworthy of God's love because if you recall the story of the Prodigal Son you would realize that God's love for us is seriously ridiculous!
So I am convinced...God loves me I mean look at all He provides for me-family, friends, a job, and health. What will it take you to be convinced He loves you? If He hasn't struck you down dead for trying to deceive your God, your parents, your friends or anyone else that is God's children...then I think you're worthy and you too should be convinced.

No comments: