Friday, December 6, 2013

FRUSTRATED AND WAITING

I won't lie...I am frustrated. The passports we had hoped would be here on Wednesday or Thursday haven't come. I plan to make a phone call to the passport agency to ask, again, what the hold up is. Last we knew it was court documents-official documents to be specific and now that those have been sent, priority mail, to the passport agency...we haven't heard boo. Which begs the question-why did we pay the extra money to expedite our passports when we wouldn't really receive any benefit from it? 
I know the postal service has had issues, particularly in smaller, more rural areas, for whatever reason and I'm sure the nasty weather hasn't helped any, but I can't shake this ugly feeling that I'm not going to like what I hear tomorrow when I call or like what I see when I check the mail. As time passes, ticket prices jump and our chances of returning on Christmas gets slimmer and slimmer. 
As we wait and send our prayers to God, we ask that you continue to join us in prayer-prayers of strength, sanity, and patience. Thank you to everyone who has prayed and continues to pray, not just for safe travels, or for my family, but for prayers for the people of the Philippines who lost more than a home. There will be those who will be celebrating Christmas without family members this year, another painful reminder of loss and of perspective. I often hear it called "first world problems" and I think it's time that we refocus our sights on that which we are blessed with-healthy, family, and a roof over our heads-especially in light of those who go without that and so much more on a day to day basis...here and abroad. 
I am anxious to see my parents and reunite with family abroad and my hope is that as we gather, you might gather with those you hold dear and remember what's important this Christmas-the love of family and the love of God in Christ. 

No comments: