Monday, November 10, 2008

Estes Park Reflections...

As many of you may or may not know. Good Shepherd Presbyterian and First Presbyterian of Lincoln joined forces some 14 months ago to plan a Mission Trip to Estes Park over LPS' Fall Break.
Many of First Presbyterians youth were non-committal; but upon hearing of the experiences that the youth reported (who had gone) greatly changed their philosophy. In fact, many have already said they're ready for the next one and the total has already doubled the number that were originally represented in the first trip to Estes Park.
Now, I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited...because I am. Not because I get to work with such an awesome friend and fellow youth worker, but because it would seem God has blessed our mission to return to Estes Park. While it's unofficial at this time, we're hoping to return later this upcoming summer in June.
As I took some time today to read some of the 'The Calling' Trip Journal, I began to see a pattern. That the youth who came were on fire! They found a support system and a family on this trip and they know that they're not alone.
However, they do know that their 'mountain top' experience will eventually bring them back to reality-school, family & whatever else might be on their plate and that there will be some hard decisions to make concerning friends, family, and God. All have mentioned they plan to make good on bettering their relationships-especially with God, but know it won't be easy.
I pray that they don't forget the above mentioned, what each said they found-support. And I hope that they never forget that they're not alone. I'm glad that they've taken that first step though...realizing they need to get serious and that it won't be easy. Again, I pray for them and you should to!
Thanks for listening to me blab...

No comments: