Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sick :(

I will keep this short because I'm sick. Later tonight Holly and I are leaving for Austin, MN. Our plans are to enjoy Thanksgiving with her side of the family, however, as sick as I am, I may just sleep.
But I wanted to at least hop online and say Happy Thanksgiving. I know we all have many things to be thankful for and I pray that you might focus on what's important this Thanksgiving-family. Your family is important because without them you'd feel alone and maybe you do feel alone, but ask yourself this: are you isolating yourself?
If you find yourself calloused or even bruised due to how you feel you've been treated by family; remember Thanksgiving is a time of renewal and you should share your feelings with family.
As many on our Mission Trip would say...start fresh! Don't wait for the 'new year' to arrive, now is the time. Hate is a strong word, but love is even stronger. Perhaps it's time to give love another try this Thanksgiving.
If it gets tough this Thanksgiving know that you're not alone. There are many who don't get to see their family or even get a meal on Thanksgiving. So you should be thankful. Choose to focus on the good, not the bad-that's a ball and chain that gets you no where. Don't choose to feel empty...be filled. Go read 1 Corinthians 11:28-30
Stop going through the motions this Thanksgiving...

No comments: