Thursday, November 20, 2008

National Youth Worker's Convention-Day 1

Day 1:
I flew from Lincoln to Minneapolis/St. Paul airport and once I got there, I found out we got a new plane. Thinking it was good news, I found out it was bad news. I was originally in 14-B, but got moved to 25-B (which was the back of the plane)! To top it off, there was a baby on board who had plans beyond my control...see, I had hoped to get some sleep-you know, take a nap...that didn't happen. Note to Holly: We are NOT taking a baby on a plane, the whole ear popping thing bothers them.
Anyway, I finally get to Nashville and thought the shuttled would be there waiting-I was wrong...again. I waited nearly 45 minutes before a shuttle showed up and took me to my place of rest. Once there, I checked in and decided to grab something to eat. I got myself a hamburger and enjoyed my moment of peace.
After my meal, Chris Hansen called to see when I was coming to the Convention Center. I told him I had to wait for a shuttle again. I went to the desk, asked when the next shuttle would be in...she told me 10-15 minutes-translation 30 minutes! I waited over 30 minutes before I got a ride.
I know, it sounds like I've done a lot of complaining, but once I got to the Convention Center I got some free t-shirts and got to play some Rock Band! So I had some fun tonight and I'm glad I got a chance to hang out with fellow youth leaders from around the US. Heck, there was even a guy who came from England!
Well, there's Day 1 in a nutshell...stay tuned for Day 2. Until then, God bless and be sure to pray for all of us here at the National Youth Worker's Convention.

1 comment:

kelly said...

Jeff, I am glad to see yo and Chris arrived safely I an excited to hear about it when you return
in Christ name
Kelly